Despite the fact that my boyfriend and I like to poke fun at it and call it “hipster food” we both really like quinoa. This quinoa salad was a big hit at home, even better than the first quinoa salad I made. It was inspired by a recipe my girlfriend R. gave me, she always has such great recipes.
Quinoa Salad with Edamame Recipe:
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of chicken soup powder
- 1 small cucumber – diced
- 1 apple – diced
- 1/2 onion – diced
- 1 celery stalk – diced
- 1 cup of cooked edamame
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Asian sesame salad dressing
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp chili powder (optional)
- Rinse quinoa for 3 minutes in warm water. Add water, quinoa and chicken soup powder to pot and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 8 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- Once quinoa is cooled add soy sauce and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. You are done!