I’ve been a little MIA in the last few weeks, I’m still getting adjusted to my new schedule. The new job is a little further from home so I get home later and have less time to cook. But I don’t back down from a challange! So, now I am always hunting for awesome recipes that will look and taste like they took long to make, but take under 30 minutes to cook.
If you have any tried and true, quick and easy recipes to share with me please do. I would love to know what others are making when it’s crunch time. (no pun intended :P)
This recipe is exactly what I was looking for. It was SO easy to make and was incrediably delicious. I highly recommend it!
Mango Coconut Tilapia with Ginger Basmati Rice
- 4 small tilpia fillets
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1 cup sweet flaked coconut
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup basmati rise
- 2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Place tilapia on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle tilapia with salt and pepper, coat with mango chutney and cover with coconut flakes.
- Bake in the 425F oven for 12 minutes or until the tilapia flakes easily.
- While the tilapia is baking, put coconut milk, basmati rice and ginger in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to low, cover and keep cooking for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in frozen peas, cover and let stand for 5 minutes. (Adding the peas frozen will ensure they are still crunchy and not mushy when the rice is ready.)
Recipe source: Longo’s Experience Magazine Fall 2013 issue.