Quinoa has been quite big for a while now, but I’ve never cooked with it. Last week a girlfriend and I made S’mores Pizza and since that’s really rich (to say the least) when it comes to sweetness and calories we wanted to have a light dinner before digging into the pizza. So we opted for Quinoa salad with veggies, walnuts and dried cranberries.
Yellow Quinoa Salad with Walnuts and Dried Cranberries Recipe:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp chicken soup powder (or substitute 2 cups of water for 2 cups of chicken stock)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp corriander powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1 green pepper – chopped
- 1 carrot – shredded
- 3 green onions – chopped
- 1/2 cup each walnuts and dried cranberries
- Rinse quinoa thoroghly for 3 minutes.
- Combine quinoa water and spices or chicken stock in medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes, until all the ater is absorbed. Let quinoa cool.
- Combine pepper, carrot, green onions, walnuts and cranberries in a bowl.
- Add the cooled quinoa and mix well.