We moved into our house in November so we didn’t know what surprises are garden had for us. Once spring (finally) got here and things started coming up I was so happy to discover all sorts of edibles! Spearmint – my favorite mint, peppermint, strawberries, wild celery and a whole-lotta dill!
I like dill but it’s not usually in my diet, just one of those things I forget about. But now that we have so many of it, I have to find ways to use it up. I’ve been sharing it with friends and neighbors but there’s still so much. So, I’m hunting for recipes that call for dill, lots of it.
If you have any favorite recipes with dill, do share!
Cucumber with Dill and Sour Cream Salad
- 1 English cucumber, cut lengthwise and sliced thinly across.
- 2 tbsp fresh dill – chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tbsp lemon juice from 1 lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the cucumber in a large bowl and whisk until mixed.
- Add cucumber and mix well so the cucumber is coated well. Enjoy!