When I came across this recipe I instantly knew I *had* to make it! Mushrooms, shrimp and cheese? It’s a no brainer! And on top of that it was quick and easy, my favorite! And boy was I happy I made this, it was delicious! I love it when a recipe is so easy and so tasty! I feel like I beat the system somehow, because something so easy can’t possibly be so delicious, right?
The original recipe can be found on the Cooking with a Wallflower blog – thank you Andrea for sharing this recipe!
I had to make a few changes to the original recipe since I didn’t have all the ingredients, here’s what I came up with:
- 5 portobello mushrooms – stems removed
- 1/4 white onions – chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno – chopped
- 2 celery stalks – chopped
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/3 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 1/2 cups of cooked shrimp – chopped
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 cheddar cheese – shredded
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.
- Bake the mushrooms only for about 5-8 minutes depending on your oven. You want to soften the mushrooms before adding the filling.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients except the shredded cheese. Once the mushrooms are ready scoop the filling onto each mushroom. Top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes to melt the cheese. Switch to broil and broil for 2 minutes, just to make the cheese brown a little. Enjoy!