This recipe can be summed up in one word: Amazing!
I was a bit skeptical at first because I love jerk chicken and didn’t think I could make jerk chicken myself, let alone a something so yummy. But, this turned out great, another winning recipe from the LCBO.
If you love jerk chicken you have to try this recipe. And if you have your own awesome jerk recipe please do share.
- 1.5 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 tsp black pepper
- 1.5 tsp ground sage
- 3/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp ground all spice
- 1.5 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- juice of one lime
- 1 jalapeno – chopped
- 1 white onion – chopped
- 4 chicken breasts – cut into one inch cubes
- 4 zucchinis – sliced into 1/2 inch slices
- one package of white mushrooms – cut in half
- one orange pepper – cut into one inch squares
- 12 skewers
- Put everything in a resealable bag or sealed container and marinate for 8 to 24 hours.
- Drain chicken and discard the marinade. Arrange chicken and veggies on skewers.
- Grill on BBQ over medium heat until golden brown and cooked through.