This creation was inspired by the Peri Peri dip at Milestone’s restaurant. We were having dinner at Milestone’s and were excited to try it, but were kind of disappointed. It wasn’t spicy at all and was a little on the bland side.
So, I challenged myself to make a better peri peri dip and the spicy peri peri hummus was born.
- 1 can of chickpeas – 540ml – drained and rinsed (liquid reserved)
- 4-6 tbsp chickpea liquid
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp peri peri sauce – double/triple this if you really like it hot
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl using a hand blender, or in a food processor.
- Add more chickpea liquid to achieve your desired consistency.
- Serve on cucumber slices with fresh cilantro garnish or with your favorite chips and crackers. Enjoy!