Avocados are a big part of our diet, we chop them and add them to salads, crush them and add to sandwiches or just slices and sprinkle some salt or soy sauce and dig in. Avocado to me is kind of like hot sauce, it make everything better.
I usually make this avocado salad with hard boiled eggs but it is just as delicious without them. Recipe is below the picture.
- 2 everything bagels – halved and toasted
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/4 onion – finely chopped
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 1 tsp Frank’s Red Hot
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Swiss cheese slices
- Baby romaine lettuce
- Red pepper cut in rings to garnish
- Combine avocado, mayo, onion, lemon juice and seasoning in a bowl and mix well with a fork to crush the avocado. You can use a hand blender if you want it really creamy.
- Spread the avocado salad on the bagel halves, top with baby romaine lettuce, Swiss cheese slice and red pepper.
Voila! You’re done and ready to enjoy some avocado goodness!