Tuna melts are my favorites. I lie. Anything that involves melted cheese on top is a winner in my books. This recipe is inspired by a tuna melt on baguette I used to have at a local pub in my home town.
- 1 baguette
- 2 cans of tuna
- 2 heaping tbsp mayo
- 1/2 onion – chopped small
- 1 celery stalk – chopped small
- 1 tsp Frank’s Red Hot
- 2 tsp katchup (my secret ingredient)
- pepper to taste
- shredded white cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Cut baguette to 3 equal pieces, slice length wise and spread some butter/margarine (optional).
- Mix tuna, mayo, onion, celery, Frank’s, katchup and pepper well. Spread evenly over the 6 pieces of baguette and top with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes, once done set the oven to broil and broil for another 3-5 minutes depending how crispy you want it to get.