Two weeks ago my girlfriend and I went away for a weekend in the Bruce Peninsula. On the way back home we stopped for a late lunch at a little cafe in Wiarton called Cocoa Vanilla. There I had one of the best creamy soups I have ever had, creamy cauliflower zucchini soup. And you already know how much I love zucchini. So, I had to try and make it myself and see how close I get to it at home.
I must say it came out nothing like the soup I had at Cocoa Vanilla. I think they use cream in that soup, and probably less zucchini. And the spices are added are probably off.
Do you have a recipe for creamy cauliflower soup? I’d love to know how you make soup with cauliflower.
Creamy Cauliflower Zucchini Soup Recipe
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 8 cups of chicken stock
- 2 zucchini – sliced
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 small onion – sliced
- 4 garlic cloves – peeled
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- a pinch of cumin
- 1 tbsp parmesan cheese
- pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion and saute until it becomes transparent.
- Add zucchini, garlic, cauliflower, chicken stock and all spices.
- Bring to a boil on high heat, reduce heat and simmer uncovered until the cauliflower is soft.
- Add parmesan and blend the soup in the pot using a hand blender. Adjust the spices to your taste.
- Top with sour cream and green onions or chives