I don’t like french fries. Never have, I just don’t like potatoes that much. Most people think that’s really weird, who doesn’t love fries?! The only way I eat fries is in poutine. I can stomach them if they are bathing in a sea of gravy and covered in cheese curds.
But when I saw this recipe for baked zucchini fries I had to try it, it was perfect for me, fries that aren’t fries! And they are delicious, if you love zucchini you will love these! Check out the recipe below the photos.
Baked Zucchini Fries Recipe:
- 3 zucchinis
- 2 egg white
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Brush oil on baking sheet. Cut zucchinis into 3-inch sticks.
- Whisk an egg white in a small bowl, and add milk. Combine Parmesan, breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper and garlic salt in a separate bowl.
- Dip zucchini sticks into egg mixture, and then roll in breadcrumb mixture.
- Place zucchini on sheet. Bake for 25–30 minutes or until golden brown.