This is one of my favorite Moroccan salads and I have yet to find a good recipe for it. I’ve tried and failed a few times in the past but this one has to be a winner. Even as I was mixing all the ingredients it started smelling like the salad I know and love, just like it is at my favorite restaurant! I love me some Moroccan food!
This recipe calls for Harissa which is actually a Tunisian hot chili sauce, so if you don’t like food too spicy you can cut this measurement in half.
Spicy Moroccan Carrot Salad Recipe
- 6 carrots – peeled
- 5 garlic cloves – chopped
- 1 bunch of parsley – chopped
- juice from one lemon
- 1 tbsp Harissa
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- salt to taste
- Boil the carrots until they soften enough that a fork can go in easily. Strain the water and let them cool.
- Slice the carrot to 1 cm thick rings. Mix well with all other ingredients, place in tight container and refrigirate for 24 hours.
- Enjoy with some hummus and pita or its own!