This hummus is amazing! Seriously! Even if you aren’t a big fan of cilantro (my boyfriend isn’t), you will love it. I am so glad I came across this recipe on The Shiksa in the Kitchen website because this might now become my new go-to hummus recipe, I love it that much. I would have licked the blades of my blender if I could because I didn’t want to waste a single drop of this stuff.
Avocado Cilantro Hummus
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (reserve the liquid)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (2 if you want it spicy)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp tahini paste
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 3/4 tsp salt, or more to taste
- Place the chickpeas and 1/2 cup olive oil into food processor.
- Pit and peel the avocado and add it to the processor along with cilantro, jalapeño, lemon juice, tahini, hot sauce and salt.
- Pulse the ingredients a few times, then process for 2-3 minutes, scrape the sides if needed to blend all the ingredients well.
- If the mixture is too thick, add some of the reserved liquid and olive oil until you get the desired thickness.
- Serve with fresh veggies (even raw onion!), crackers or pita chips and enjoy!
The original recipe was found on The Shiksa in the Kitchen‘s site.