Well, at least it’s supposed to be spicy. It didn’t really come out spicy enough (or at all) this time. Probably because I didn’t add the hot pepper seeds. What was I thinking? Either way, it was delicious, so much so that even after the fish was gone, I kept the sauce and just ate it like that with some pita.
- 1 red pepper – cut in strips
- 3-4 tomatoes – sliced
- 1 garlic bulb – peeled and separated into cloves
- 1 cup of cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp and 1/2 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric and 1/4 tsp turmeric
- salt to taste
- 3 hot peppers (chilis or jalapenos)
- 4 – 5 peices of tilapia
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- In a large deep skillet heat 1tbsp of olive oil over medium heat
- Add pepper and tomatoes and saute for about 5 minutes. Add garlic cloves, reduce heat.
- Add cilantro, 1/2 tsp paprika, 1/4 tsp turmeric, 1/2 cup of water and hot peppers. cover and continue cooking.
- In the meantime, mix the olive oil, 1 tbsp paprika, 1 tbsp of salt (or to taste) and 1/2 tsp turmeric.
- Pour over fish in a shallow bowl and coat well. Marinade for about 10 minutes.
- Add fish and the rest of the mixture to the skillet and cook until fish is ready, 10-15 minutes.