This is a salad I discovered when I was in high school (seems like it was a lifetime ago). One of my Russian friends served it to me one day and I was hooked. I haven’t made this in so long, not sure why, I guess it got lost in the endless sea of recipes I have. This recipe is exactly the way she made it (minus the olives) and how I’ve always made it.
- 1 can sweet peas
- 1 package of crab flavoured Alaska pollock – chopped small
- 1 small red onion – chopped small
- 1/2 cup of green olives (optional – I would actually leave them out, I was trying something new and I discovered I like this salad without the olives)
- 5 tbsp miracle whip
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients well.
- That’s it! Enjoy on a slice of multi-grain toast
Here is another version of this salad. This one is with corn and eggs as well, I will give it a try next time.