How can pancakes be better? With bacon! So why not put the bacon IN the pancakes? Yes, it’s genius!
My boyfriend makes the best pancakes. I, on the other hand, always mess them up so this is his job now. He came across this genius idea so we had to try it and the result was savory sweet deliciousness!
- 1 package bacon
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Cut bacon strips in half and cook however you like – in oven or in a pan
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and sugar
- Beat egg thoroughly and add milk
- Make well in centre of dry ingredients and add egg-milk mixture. Add melted butter and vanilla
- Stir quickly until batter is just mixed but still lumpy
- Place cooked bacon strips on heated pan and drop 1/4 cup of pancake batter on top of each strip
- Cook pancakes until bubbles start to show and the bottom in golden brown
- Flip pancake and brown the other side
- Serve with more bacon and maple syrup and enjoy!