Couscous is awesome for so many reasons, it’s so versatile, simple to make, readily available at most stores and tasty!
I like using it in salad among other things. Below is my recipe, but you can add pretty much anything to create a yummy couscous salad, raisins, almonds, roasted sweet potatoes, whatever!
Couscous salad recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups of couscous – cooked according to package instructions
- 2 tomatoes – chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil – chopped
- 1/2 yellow pepper – chopped
- 1 cup mini bocconcini
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon/lime juice
- 2 tsp oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the cooked couscous with the tomatoes, basil, yellow pepper and bocconcini
- Mix olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper
- Pour dressing over the couscous and mix well. That’s it!