Thanks to my girlfriend R. for sending me this easy and delicious recipe. You can make this as spicy as you like depending on the salsa you use.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 2 (270g) jars salsa
- 1 large red pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chilli powder
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 (400g) tins black beans, rinsed and drained
- Preheat oven to 200 C
- Arrange the chicken in a 3 litre casserole or (9×13 in) baking dish.
- Combine the salsa, red pepper, cumin, lemon juice, chilli powder and garlic.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken. Pour the black beans on top and cover.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve with rice or tortillas if desired.