During the week my breakfast consists of a bowl of cereal or maybe toast. During the weekend I like to go all out, omelettes, fritatas, French toast, breakfast sausages, bacon, fresh fruit, smoothies etc. Not all at once of course. My boyfriend J. is always in charge of the smoothies, that’s his station in my kitchen.
- One sweet apple – peeled, cored and cubed
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1tsp cinnamon
- pecan bits for garnish
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat
- Add apples and brown sugar and cook for about 5 minutes
- Add chocolate chips and reduce heat to low
- Add cinnamon and cook until the apples are soft but not mushy
- Pour over French toast, garnish with pecans and enjoy!