My friend JT and I decided to try a few new recipes and have a little dinner party. We decided to make The Planet Hollywood Captain Crunch chicken, jalapeno cornbread and green beans. The cornbread came out amazingly delicious! I highly recommend the cornbread recipe, Martha Stewart definitely knows what she’s talking about. The chicken was crispy, salty, sweet and moist. You can find all the recipes below.
Planet Hollywood Cap’n Crunch chicken
- 2 cups Cap’n Crunch cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds chicken breast — cut in 1oz. tenders
- vegetable oil — for frying
- Coarsely grind or crush the Cap’n Crunch and cornflakes
- Beat the egg with the milk
- Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper
- Dip the chicken pieces into the seasoned flour. Move around to coat well, then shake off excess flour.
- Dip into the egg wash, coating well, then dip into the Cap’n Crunch/Cornflakes mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325°F.
- Drop coated chicken tenders carefully into the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked: 3 to 5 minutes depending on the size of the tenders.
- Drain and serve immediately with mustard sauce
We didn’t fry the chicken, we baked it so it’s a little more healthy. Preheat over to 400, grease baking dish with butter, place chicken and add a few butter cubes around/on the chicken. Bake for about 45 minutes.
Cajun honey mustard sauce
Combine about 3 tbsp Dijon mustard, 4-5 tbsp honey and 1 tbsp of Cajun seasoning, mix well. That’s it! I used more honey because I like it sweeter. You can add a little bit at a time, taste and adjust to your liking.
Green beans with almonds
Trim about 3 cups of fresh green beans and boil for about 5 minutes in a pot of salted water. Saute about 4 cloves (or more) of garlic in about 2 tbsp of olive oil. Add bean, salt and pepper. Saute for about 5 more minutes. Stir in slivered almonds and serve.