This is my go to pasta recipe, it’s light, quick and easy to make. It can be a nice side dish or a main meal. I make it with veggies only but scallops, shrimp or chicken can go really well with it. You can also add cherry tomatoes, and substitute the peas for asparagus, there are so many possibilities. This past weekend I showed my boyfriend J. how to make it, so next time he can make it for me!
- Your favorite pasta – We used whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion – sliced
- 1 package of white mushrooms – sliced
- 3/4 to 1 cup of chicken stock or veggie stock
- 1 cup of frozen sweet peas
- 3 or 4 tbsp cream cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to directions on package
- Heat olive oil in skillet on medium heat
- Add onion and mushrooms and saute until soft and golden
- Add chicken stock, salt and pepper and simmer for a few minutes
- Add peas and simmer until peas are cooked
- Add cream cheese, stir well until the cheese is completely melted
- Drain pasta, return to pot and add sauce. Mix well and serve!